Tuesday, December 31, 2013

YEAR OF MAYBE



I’ve heard people talk about a “year of yes,” a time to accept every invitation, to take every opportunity, to grow and risk and live fully. I’ve also heard people describe a “year of no,” a time to focus, to weed out, to de-clutter and calm down and live simply.

I have found myself backed into a corner these past 2 years, by saying yes to too many great things. I piled so many commitments, projects, and wonderful opportunities on my proverbial plate, and I have a tough time juggling it all. But everything on my plate was something I enjoyed. So, it was a bit of a pickle.

As the holidays make the talk of resolutions triumphant, I turned the page on a new calendar and decide to declare this my own year. My year of "Maybe."

But I sense that changing my yes-girl ways will be challenging. Having to respond with only a “maybe” and promise myself to think about it and give my answer soon, is going to force me to find balance. And maybe even teach me to say no.

Although, just this morning, I caught myself saying, “yes, I’d love to!”

[SIGH]

Are you quick to say yes or no?





10 comments:

  1. hi!
    would you follow earch others&
    let me know!

    http://defishencia.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea! I normally say yes to things and get overwhelmed too! I'll definitely keep the "Maybe" in mind going into the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find I am quick to say yes but then I regret it when I am so busy. I am hoping this year to let go of some of that and say yes to the things that I really want to and no to the rest. I say yes so I can please people, but I need to be better at pleasing myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a yes girl. Trying to learn to say no more, because I am learning if I say yes from ythe wrong place and with the wrong heart it's not a blessing to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha that is a pickle! But the maybe thing is good I like that. You just have to remember that its okay to say no and not have that maybe turn into a definitely maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha that is a pickle! But the maybe thing is good I like that. You just have to remember that its okay to say no and not have that maybe turn into a definitely maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to be better about saying no, but I don't want to say no to everything though either, so I like your theory of a year of maybes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm quick to say no! I get stressed easily and sometimes I just feel uncomfortable doing things because I'm afraid even if I would prefer to say yes. Maybe I should start saying yes more in this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a yes girl too. Hopefully this year, I can de-clutter my ways. For my own sanity's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog through Fiona's blog hop! Oh that's a really interesting thing to try - Definitely worthwhile though, to try consider things a bit better!

    Chloe - Very Lovely Stuff

    ReplyDelete

I am incredibly grateful for your comment! I will respond as soon as possible. XOXO, Mandi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...